The newest version of Seesmic Desktop has the Marketplace built-in.
You can also visit the Seesmic marketplace online http://marketplace.seesmic.com
- Click the Install button for the Feed Reader plugin.
- Follow directions from Seesmic. After the plugin has been installed Seesmic will ask you to restart the Seesmic application.
Now you should be able to see the Feed Reader button in the sidebar on the left.
- Click Feed Reader side bar button. You will see a new column that is empty. You may have to scroll the view to the right.
- Click on the Seesmic settings button (gear at the bottom).
The view twists around and the settings window is displayed.
- Click Plugins tab (top) to select the list of installed plugins.
Locate the Feed Reader plugin item. You may have to scroll down.
- Click the settings link on Feed Reader plugin item.
Now the Feed Reader settings view is opened. Here you can maintain the list of feeds you wish to use to fill the Feed column with.
- Click the Add button at the bottom.
A new window opens that allows you to edit the settings for one feed.
- Paste/type in feed url.
- Select correct Feed Type (Rss 2.0 / Atom 1.0).
- Optionaly enter max number of items.
- Click the OK button to save the settings you've just entered.
Now you're back in the Feed Reader settings view. You can repeat adding new feeds multiple times.
- Click the Save button to save the settings you've made. Click the Cancel button to undo any changes you've made.
This brings you back to the Feed Reader column that is now beginning to load feeds into the Seesmic application and displaying them in the Feed Reader Column.
- Click on the title to go to web page the feed item represent.
-Click on the name
to go to Author Profile. Not all feeds include author information. You may not see a name at all or the link may not work.
I hope you enjoy the Seesmic Feed Reader plugin. If you have any questions post them here in the Discussion list.